Who we are
Heinrich Böll Stiftung is a German Political Foundation affiliated with the Green Party in the German Federal Parliament. We facilitate inclusive dialogues, offer expertise and, in partnership with like-minded people and organisations, develop innovative perspectives along the core themes: Gender Democracy, Sustainable Development, Agroecology and Food Rights, and Dialogues and Civic Spaces.
What are we looking for?
To accomplish our goals in the region, we are looking for a self-driven and experienced Programme Officer Communications
The successful candidate will assist in the communications activities of the Heinrich Böll Foundation Nairobi (hbs) under the direction of the Programme Coordinator Communications.
Major Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Social Media Management
- Implement and manage the social media strategy, produce and oversee social media content.
- Follow-up on programmatic social media campaigns and measure outreach
- Monitor and manage public engagements on social media platforms
- Events, Brand Building & Digital Marketing
- Support the curation of online and in-person events using technology platforms, advertisement, framing and invitations.
- Monitor public opinion on current issues related to the foundations´ programmatic work
- Design brochures, short publications, and event invitations
- Maintain basic media relations, including drafting press releases and statements, maintaining media lists, and collecting media mentions.
- Website and Administration
- Curate the website of the Nairobi Office using current the Content Management System – Drupal.
- Develop content for the website of the Nairobi Office (e.g. articles, photography, graphics, audio, video, animations, etc.)
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Measure and evaluate the foundation´s online and print communications and media relations
- Targeted support to partner organizations in developing communications around hbs-supported activities.
Requirement: Successful candidates will have a minimum three years’ experience in a similar role and hold at least a Bachelor’s degree in journalism, mass communication or a related field.
How to apply: Please email your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org before 29th January 2022. Heinrich Böll Stiftung is an equal opportunity employer.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Date: Jan 14, 2022